These. Are. The. BEST.
Crunchy, spicy, addicting- these are everything you would want in a big plate of wings, minus the meat! Pair with a few celery sticks and some blue cheese for dipping. Ugh. Yum.
– 1 cauliflower head
-1/3 cup water
– 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use almond)
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 cup bbq sauce (or hot sauce, or teriyaki, or whatever your heart desires)
– a splash of apple cider vinegar
Seasonings: a sprinkle of each
– garlic powder
– chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
2. Chop the head on cauliflower into “wing sized” pieces.
3. Mix the milk, flour, and spices together. Add water a little at a time. Thicker batter will make your wings more “bready” while a thinner batter will just leave a light coating.
4. Toss wings in your batter until evenly coated.
5. Space the coated wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. While the wings are baking pour your sauce into a bowl, add any desired seasonings (I usually add garlic), little water, and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
8. Once the cauliflower has cooked toss it in your sauce mixture, space it out on a re-greased baking sheet and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Note: the cook time here really depends how crunchy or soft you want the wings to be so keep on eye on them!
9. Remove from pan and enjoy with blue cheese or ranch, or they’re a good salad topper!