Alright, I’ll keep it short and sweet because I just can’t wait to share this one with you! These brownies are fudgy, delicious, and superrrr addicting, but they’re also pretty healthy so you don’t feel that bad about eating half the pan…
And they really don’t taste like beans or avocado, I promise. 🙂
1/2 large ripe avocado
2 eggs (sub with chia or flax mixture for vegan)
1 15 oz. can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey or agave
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
optional toppings: more chocolate chips, dates, dried cherries, nuts, etc.
1. Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips (and optional toppings) to your food processor and pulse for several minutes until completely smooth.
2. Mix in the chocolate chips and spread batter into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
3. Sprinkle on additional toppings.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes (when in doubt take them out earlier, you really don’t want these to dry out).
5. Serve chilled and store in the refrigerator.