- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 15 oz. can northern white beans
- 1/2 chopped spinach or kale
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese (omit for vegan and add a splash of lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 chopped white onion
- 1 egg (or flaxseed and water for vegan)
- seasoning with:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheet.
- Rinse and drain the white beans then mash completely.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir until evenly mixed.
- Roll into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place on cookie sheet, if mixture isn’t firm enough to roll add bread crumbs as needed.
- Bake for 40 mins, flip balls halfway through if desired (for more even crispiness)
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta sauce or pesto.