Skip the takeout and make this price range-pleasant and taste-packed Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein. It’s on the table in below 30 minutes!
Signal up for my cost-free electronic mail subscription and by no means miss a recipe.
It doesn’t get significantly simpler than this when it comes to acquiring dinner on the table in a hurry. This lo mein also re-heats nicely for leftovers… a win-win circumstance!
If you commence heating the water for the noodles as quickly as you begin the prep function, they ought to be carried out appropriate close to the identical time as the beef and broccoli mixture.
I use whole grain spaghetti noodles simply because most times I can’t uncover lo mein noodles at my local grocery shop. You can use standard spaghetti noodles as nicely, but the whole grain noodles have a firmer texture that is comparable to lo mein noodles.
Beneficial hint for slicing the beef:
Spot thawed beef in the freezer for ten-15 minutes ahead of slicing so it will firm up a bit… this makes it so much easier to slice!
Hooray for quick and effortless meals that everyone loves!
Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
- Author: Amy @ The Blond Cook
- Prep Time: ten minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: four servings one x
Skip the takeout and make this price range-friendly lo mein with tender beef, broccoli, red peppers, carrots and noodles in a sweet, flavorful sauce.
For the sauce:
- one/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon s oyster sauce
- one teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon s light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/four teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon s freshly minced garlic
For the Lo Mein:
- 8 ounce s lo mein or spaghetti noodles, cooked in accordance to bundle instructions and drained
- 2 tablespoon s sesame oil
- one pound flank steak, sliced thinly across the grain into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 – one/two cups fresh broccoli florets (about one head)
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 huge red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (if sought after)
- Start cooking noodles in accordance to bundle instructions. Whilst noodles are cooking, pour sauce elements in a little bowl and whisk to mix. Set aside.
- Season beef strips with desired quantities of salt and pepper. Heat two tablespoons of sesame oil in a large skillet in excess of medium high heat. Include beef strips and cook six-7 minutes (stirring usually), or until carried out and no longer pink. Eliminate beef from skillet with a slotted spoon and location on a plate. Set aside.
- Include broccoli, carrots and red peppers to the identical skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes (stirring often), or right up until tender.
- Return cooked beef to skillet. Stir in noodles and sauce to evenly coat. Cook, stirring frequently, right up until scorching (about 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if wanted.
- Class: Pasta
- Cuisine: Asian
Search phrases: beef and broccoli lo mein, beef and broccoli lo mein recipe
Did you make this recipe?
We recommend reading these wonderful posts:
Stay in touch
The world map on your dinner table
Im always with the phone