This post may incorporate affiliate hyperlinks. Please study my disclosure policy.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is a single of our preferred swift and effortless meals any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an simple weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of french bread. The ideal element is that this broccoli cheese soup is prepared in twenty minutes start off to finish!
Broccoli Cheese Soup From Scratch
This Broccoli Cheese soup is 1 of our favourite rapid weeknight meals! There’s just some thing wonderful about a hearty bowl of soup in your stomach to warm you from the within out.. and even far better when it requires just minutes to make!
If you’ve ever been to Panera, you very likely know that the Panera broccoli cheddar soup is so tough to resist! Wealthy, creamy and oh so cheesy, I definitely necessary to come up with a yummy homemade version.
I enjoy understanding that I can make a recipe from scratch using fresh components in about twenty minutes best for a weeknight dinner! We serve it with a side salad and bread for a complete meal! This soup is also remarkable served in a bread bowl (and it reheats superbly for lunches).
How Do You Make Broccoli Cheese Soup?
This broccoli cheese soup is produced with no Velveeta and alternatively is loaded with lots of genuine cheddar making it wealthy, velvety and satisfying!
- Making use of a sharp cheddar adds added cheese flavor to this recipe. I love to use a sharp cheddar for a nice robust taste, but you can use any variety of cheese you like. Gruyere is also great in this broccoli cheese soup!
- You’ll note that the cheese is additional in after the soup is removed from the heat. If cheese (or dairy) boils it can separate leaving a significantly less than desirable texture. The soup must be a lot hot ample to melt the cheese to a best velvety consistency.
- Fresh broccoli provides the best results in this recipe, frozen can undoubtedly be substituted if that’s all you have on hand. Instead of blending all of the veggies, I chop some and include them in right after the soup is blended. This adds some further flavor to the soup.
- When blending this recipe, you can use a standard blender (be positive not to have the lid on tightly or it can explode from the steam) but I uncover an economical immersion blender or hand blender operates perfectly plus you can do it appropriate in the pot (less dishes is usually a win in my books)!
- To make a skinnier version of broccoli cheese soup, you can substitute the cream with evaporated milk and use a light cheddar (sharp is still ideal for flavor). We leading it with a sprinkle of pepper and at times a small dollop of sour cream.
5 Other Irresistible Soups You Need to Attempt
- Simple Hamburger Soup: Loaded with greens, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. It’s wonderful made ahead of time, reheats nicely and freezes perfectly.
- Chinese Beef & Broccoli Soup Tender beef, paired with broccoli in a wealthy spicy, flavorful broth. This soup completely hits the spot!
- Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup: This “no-soaking required” Ham and Bean soup requires just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your Crock Pot all day long!
- Bodyweight Loss Vegetable Soup: Entirely loaded with veggies and taste and naturally low in excess fat and calories it’s the excellent lunch, snack or starter!
- Slow Cooker Bacon Corn Chowder: Fresh veggies, chunks of tender potato, and smoky bacon include so much flavor whilst the creamy corn base adds a touch of sweetness. The best cool weather soup!
Can you Freeze Broccoli Cheese soup?
Diary doesn’t tend to freeze well and it can at times turn out to be grainy or the texture can adjust somewhat. I would propose trying to keep this broccoli cheese soup in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat it can be microwaved stirring occasionally or heated on the stove more than medium-low.
What Goes Nicely with Broccoli Cheese Soup?
We most frequently eat this broccoli cheese soup for lunch or a swift easy weeknight meal. I like to add a side of thirty Minute Dinner Rolls to dip into the soup and sop up any dribbles left in the bottom of my bowl! It’s excellent served with a fresh backyard salad on the side.
We recommend reading these wonderful posts:
Discover new desserts with these recipes
Food for busy people